John C. Harrison
Member of the Firm
Direct Dial: (423) 648-7891
John Harrison has been in the private practice of law in Chattanooga for over 30 years. His practice consists of advising clients on employment and labor law compliance, including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, National Labor Relations Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and Tennessee Human Rights Act; representing clients in litigation involving discrimination claims, retaliation claims, wrongful discharge claims, employment contracts, and employment torts; representing clients in general commercial and tort litigation, including business torts, unfair competition, noncompetition agreements, negligence, nuisance, and strict liability; and representing clients in union matters, including union avoidance, unfair labor practice charges, labor organizing efforts, union representation elections, collective bargaining, strikes, and labor arbitrations.
John has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Labor and Employment Law since 2007. He received The Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year award for Employment Law-Management in 2014 and for Labor Law-Management in 2015.
John is listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers® in Employment & Labor, Employment Litigation: Defense and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
John is a Master in the Ray L. Brock and Robert E. Cooper American Inn of Court.
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Labor Law
- General Business Litigation
- J.D., Emory University School of Law (1980)
- B.S., University of Washington (1976)
- Tennessee (1980)
- Georgia (1980)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (1985)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee (1981)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee (2000)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia (1980)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section, Tort and Insurance Practice Subsection, Employer-Employee Relations Committee)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia